I miss the ocean. I like being underwater. Physically it's a pleasing sensation, but there's also the feeling of being completely cut off from the rest of the world. For however long I'm submerged, I can't hear what's going on above water, I can't see what's going on above water, and I don't care what's going on above water. The last time I was in Florida, I technically swam in the bay, but at least it was a body of water that wasn't completely frigid. One time I came up for water and a dolphin was swimming next to me. It was a sublime little moment. I miss swimming in the ocean so much, but not enough to make me swim in the Pacific Ocean. Three posts ago I wrote about ceo, who is one half of The Tough Alliance. Listening to ceo is like surviving a foggy, windswept day on Ocean Beach (especially this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQImTcqQK6Y [can you spot the Lord of the Flies movie sample?] ), while listening to The Tough Alliance is like swimming with the dolphins in the warm ocean water. Ummmm... maybe? Work with me here. It's been a long day. Usually I'm posting this at 10 am. It's 9:30 pm, and I feel like a Dolphin after one too many helmet-to-helmet hits.
Miami probably isn't one of the better songs on the album, but it makes me happy. :43 makes me want to walk down the street and spray cotton candy in people's faces. That super-low bass line at 1:02 also gets me. Love it.
Neo Violence, on the other hand, is certainly one of the best songs on the album. Cool video, too. The beginning, where they're trapped in that strobe light pyramid prison, reminds me of Superman II. Remember how the three villains were trapped inside that gigantic mirror that floated around in space? Classic. I'm gonna come out right now and say I was strangely attracted to the dominatrix-looking one with the British accent. So arrogant, and she could vaporize a snake with her eyes! Hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment