I was at a Bjork concert a few years ago, and her producer Mark Bell was creating the sounds live by strategically shifting objects on this big circular device. I, too, wanted to shift objects around a big circle and create bad*ass noises for an Icelandic goddess to sing over. I'm not sure if it was a visual gimmick or not, but boy did it look cool! When I first heard "Hipster Girl," it reminded me a bit of that live performance. The wobble is that noise in dubstep that sounds like the bass is being filtered through spinning plates. It sounds like the remixer of this track is scratching the wobble. The effect sounds really great on headphones or a car stereo.
I mentioned a few posts back that sometimes listening to too much frenetic drum n' bass, breaks, and dubstep can make my brain feel a bit like scrambled eggs inside a giant pinball machine. Fortunately, a few weeks back my friend introduced me to a Dustin Hulton mix that's for the most part pretty chilled out. It's a bit more vocal-heavy than the stuff I usually listen to, but it's really good. This track comes in about twenty-five minutes into the mix.
No comments:
Post a Comment