
Three current (new or ongoing) obsessions:
The Patrick Melrose novels:
It was one of those days when he made his secretary say that he was busy, and sat drinking in his club, beyond the reach of fevered children and women who pretended their hangovers were migraines. He liked to drink under the blue and gold ceiling of the morning room, where there was always a ripple left by the passage of important men. Dull, dissolute, and obscure members felt buoyed up by this atmosphere of power, as little dinghies bob up and down on their moorings when a big yacht sails out of the harbour they have shared.
When I read writing this good, I kind of want to flip out.
Tennis (not new, but I can't shake them):
My favorite song right now. I thought it would pass, but it just isn't. The guitar melody, her voice, 1:55, and the lyrics "we could be good but we don't live the way that we should." Gah. So good.
Another really good Tennis song, with a great video.
Barcelona: I only spent three and a half days there, but I loved it. Gorgeous, and seems like an exciting but livable city.

No comments:
Post a Comment