It's been about a year since I last posted. It was an annoying YouTube glitch and the user-unfriendliness of Blogger on iPad that initially slowed my momentum, and then I just stopped. But it's been far too long! I'm back! My three to four loyal readers can drag themselves out of the deep depression that descended upon them in my absence. It is the dawning of a new day!!!
But things are gonna be different now. I'm a year older, and a year wiser. No more frivolity. No more cringe-inducing puns. No more verbal vomit splattered on your precious desktop screen. Oh no. This time it's gonna be different. I am now completely dedicated to truth, justice, and spending at least twenty minutes per blog post. Those unsightly 4/10s you've slogged through over the years? I'm promising you solid 5s across the board. I refuse to be the 2010 Golden State Warriors! Will I be the 2015 Warriors? No, but I'll pull a good post out out of my *** every once in a while, like David Lee getting fifteen and ten in garbage time.
Since it's been so long, I felt the need to share my three favorite songs from last year. While songs like "Black Ballerina" by Ariel Pink were catchy and fun, and basically everything Burial releases is amazing, these three songs will stand the test of time. Or at least until the "Best of 2015" lists come out.
"Johnny and Mary": Todd Terje featuring Bryan Ferry
Bryan Ferry=a god. Todd Terje=some electronic music producer I had never heard of before this song came out. However! This song is sublime, and the whole album is a cool mix of some songs that sound like they belong on Miami Vice, and some songs that sound like they belong in a broom closet in Studio 54.
"Lie, Cheat, Steal": Run the Jewels
"Lie, Cheat, Steal": Run the Jewels
This whole album rules, and this is one of my favorite tracks. Great beats, grimy production, smart lyrics. Done!
"Bad Girls": Tennis
"Bad Girls": Tennis
I obviously have a serious sore spot for this band, but this song is a big step for them. This girl group-ish sound is the best showcase for Alaina Moore and Patrick Riley's lyrics, and she kills it with the vocals in the second half of the song.
No comments:
Post a Comment