It's hard for me to write this post without mentioning Kraftwerk. So I will mention Kraftwerk. Kraftwerk! Anyways, Boards of Canada is one of the one best electronic acts out there today. But Boards of Canada is actually the name of a Scottish show. Tricky! That''s the name of another electronic artist. Autechre! Uggh... that doesn't work. Whenever I hear this song I think of Darth Vader's family on a summer vacation. Mechanical and angular, but beautiful and joyful at the same time. You can just see little Darth Junior splashing in the waves!
This is one of the bands that directly influenced Radiohead when they moved into their "electronic" phase. I love Radiohead, but if it wasn't for Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, and the like, Johnny Greenwood wouldn't be twisting near as many knobs.
2 comments:
I know that I'm taking a dump all over your metaphor, but Darth Junior is either Leia or Luke. Ew.
No offense taken. I'm thinking little kids in full Vader regalia.
Not thinking within the confines of the actual movie. Not trying to be all Nerdy McNerdNerd Star Wars fan. :p
Post a Comment