Sunday, May 09, 2010

Pavement - Gold Soundz

I'm sitting here crushed underneath a stack of essays, but you know what I'm thinking about? Summer. In three weeks, school will be done and summer will begin. I love my job, but by the time the year ends our brains are swiss cheese and our nerves are frayed. I'll probably be taking classes and writing this summer, but it will be purely of my own volition! I will also be choosing to spend long afternoons at Zeitgeist baking in the sun and sipping on a cold beverage. I will also choose to go to Guerneville and laze down the Russian River in an inner tube, with a Coors Light in my hand and a smile on my face. I will also choose to go to several street fairs that offer mediocre art and slightly less mediocre meat on a stick. I will also choose to wander the streets of New York City - my old love that I resolve to meet up with for a yearly tryst.

As summer comes into focus, there are certain bands that typify these feelings of relaxation and contentment. Pavement is one of them. Pavement is reuniting for a tour this summer, and I'm hoping like crazy that I'll get to see them. They're the perfect summer band, and Gold Soundz is the perfect summer song. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

No comments: