I've gone to three raves in about the last ten years. I'm always pretty conflicted about it. The crowd can be so ridiculous, but when I go, it's because I really like a few of the djs on the bill. So I pretend I'm in a Terry Gilliam movie and just look forward to the music. I went to the second night of the Electric Daisy Carnival in LA this year. It was completely out of control. 185,000 people went in two nights. They used the LA Memorial Coliseum for one stage, and had four other adjacent stages. Each stage had crazy lighting and massive sound, but only one of the five stages, the Drum and Bass stage, had music that I was excited about hearing. There were less candy ravers at this stage than the other ones, but there were still a few. Ignore them, and listen to the beats!!! The beat that kicks in at :54, then just destroys at 1:05. Are you kidding me? Ridiculous. Dynamite MC, who used to be Roni Size's MC, is great as well. I was just gonna post some mp3s, but nothing really replicates the energy of this live set. Dirtyphonics, LTJ Bukem, DJ Friction, Andy C. Stage went off all night.
2 comments:
Talking Heads and "Freaks and Geeks"? Seriously? In my top five list of favorite things ever. (But why why would you like a show about when I was in high school? haha) "Naive Melody" is Brad's and my song. You know, as in "that's our song." We saw David Byrne at the Greek last June, one of the best shows ever. He is a genius.
Nice. "Naive Melody" is an amazing song. I saw Byrne at Zellerbach Auditorium on the Berkeley campus. Such a great show.
Yeah, "Freaks and Geeks" is the best. My step-brothers grew up in that era, so I listened to a lot of that music growing up.
One of my favorite moments ever on that show is when the geeks are running the softball game, and Bill tells Sam that he called the meeting on the mound just cause he's always wanted to call a meeting on the mound. Neil, without hearing their conversation, walks up to the mound and says, "Meeting on the mound. Very cool."
:D
Post a Comment